4,120 Posts
It already looks a helluva lot better :laughing::thumbsup:

Reactions: angus242

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Starting shower. Get to use some of this good stuff:

Carrying floor pattern into shower pan. I know the lines don't look lined up but it's the angle of the camera. I swear :laughing:

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what are you using these days for membrain, and how does it tie into the drain??
Shower is a hybrid of NobleSeal TS (Daltile's version), AquaDefense and NobleSealant.

Flange of drain body slips into drain. TS is sealed up to drain body.

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good Angus. Was the shower floor one of those foam kits? You work alone right.... well did you pop all those lines by yourself or did you take a tile and trace it?
No foam pan. I set a mud bed with Mapecem Premixed. It's ready to be waterproofed in 3 hours!

I laid the first few tiles in the doorway and then ran a level to continue the lines. For the perpendicular lines, I just measured, added 1/8" and used the level. Have a speed square to check for accuracy when laying them out.

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
:eek::eek:

Wow! You are cranking away at that job at record speed! (and it looks great as usual)

I hardly recognize the place! (from what...4 days ago or so?)

Yes, Angus' electrician hogged up the place for a half a day or so last...Friday??? :laughing:

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, Angus' electrician hogged up the place for a half a day or so last...Friday??? :laughing:
Drywaller messed me up Monday too. I ended up tearing out the entire wall above the vanity. 1 sheet fit back in nicely. I didn't get much done those 2 days. :sad: I think I need to have him back to smooth the wall out some. He leaves the final sand for me but there are some parts that are plain rough. I marked out the new mirrors today. They will fit nicely.

Verdy nice!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts