Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who run newspaper ads for your business. Can you tell me what works the best?

What size ad, placement, wording, etc...

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Inserts work good.

We like to place ads in the front page section, and use a bit of red in some places.

cause our high end clients read that section first.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I havent done any paper adds in awhile but I will be probably next year. I know a guy who does a medium sized add in the classifieds and then have two adds, one fixed location every paper and one random rotation. It works out for him... he does only neighborhood papers.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I ran ads in the paper for 2 yrs. Went from $75.00 to 200.00. Started in the 50+ section (where most of my customers are) Got nada.
Went to the Yellow Pages and Batta Boom Batta Bang. Had to hire more people and buy more trucks.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
This relates back to different people in different geographical areas.
My area is gaining about 3,500 per annum, mostly from the northern states. I can only assume that they are familiar with the Yellow Pages and don't read or trust the ads in the paper.
I have only posted what has worked for me in my local. I have no idea what works for somebody with a sedintery population, I have never been there.
My family was centered in IN for many generations and I think that word of mouth would be your best bet there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not arguing that it works for you. I'm just stating each market area works a little different. I think word of mouth is your best bet anywhere.
As a former Display Ad Consultant, I can speak VOLUMES on all forms of Advertising!

Remember friends: "The message is the medium"... or is it???<LOL>

·
Registered
17 Posts
2004... 1994... 2104... Does the time-frame matter? ANY bits of information to educate has no "time stamp". Do we not learn from the past to live in the present? Do we not live in the present and dream of the future? Knowledge is a locked door. Education is the key. I forgive your comments!<g>.

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
2004... 1994... 2104... Does the time-frame matter? ANY bits of information to educate has no "time stamp". Do we not learn from the past to live in the present? Do we not live in the present and dream of the future? Knowledge is a locked door. Education is the key. I forgive your comments!<g>.

:notworthyOh !!! How Nobel of you to "Forgive" Robert and Brickie!!!!!!:notworthy

Now Bone-Up and admit your Foible!!!!!

·
Sean
5,531 Posts
As a former Display Ad Consultant, I can speak VOLUMES on all forms of Advertising!

Remember friends: "The message is the medium"... or is it???<LOL>
Advertising that "works best"?... The one's that pull the most inquiries.
"Word of Mouth" definately works - for AND against business!
:furious: Ok Mr Carl Ellis - who supposedly stripes parking lots or is that just sweeps them?

3 cheap lines which impart no wisdom - 10 posts total in 2 days where in 1 you admit to mining email addresses & I can't find one nugget of wisdom in any of them

And my favorite part - your 1 web site "Revealed...Secret Tactics & Strategies of: "Stealth Marketing" ...And How You Can Do The Same!" (Your colors & underlining - not mine)

Go ply this crap elsewhere

1 - 20 of 43 Posts