Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm completely new to the forum, but I've been a residential contractor for 21 years. I've become a licensed GC in South Carolina, Georgia and North Carolina in the past year. For most of my residential construction, I"ve focused mainly on government contracts for rehab on subsidized housing. This has been my bread and butter for years, however, in the past 2 years it has nearly broke me.

I got the GC license in hopes of becoming less dependent on governement etc.. for my pay, however, I'm having a very hard time finding any type of GC work. I'd really appreciate any suggestions from some of the members of this forum about how I can go about finding some small jobs to begin with, and what has worked with you guys in the past. Thanks to anyone in advance for helping me out, bc I really need it right now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I first moved out here I had no connections and no reputation. I started by introducing myself to the managers of every lumberyard and hardware store in my area. I'd stop in to buy things regularly (even if I didn't need anything). As they got more comfortable with me, I'd occasionally take them out to lunch. Work started to come my way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts