Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unlike instructional youtube videos that give people the confidence to apply a completely foreign roofing system to a customers house after a 5 minute demonstration.... These articles actually might teach you something. I mean teach the entrepreneurs something. Once you become a real roofer youll already know everything.

except how to attach a pdf or word doc..

wait one please

http://www.low-e-ne.com/media/physics_of_foil.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so thats two unrelated topics that are pretty important to roofing. "the physics of foil"
and the overhead and profit pdf (which specifies the state of florida, but Ive found it to apply across the board regardless of state)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Apparently between my wife and I we already know everything.

I know everything except that I'm a ****ing idiot, and she knows that so between us we do know everything.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Renegade you dont count because you have more than 200 posts. The consensus is after 200 posts you actually know something. I read it on another thread so it has to be true.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Radiant barrier sheathing works pretty good down where you are.
ya know, I really couldn't vouch for that. When I do residential I try to do the wood shake / comp overlays, and we deck right over the 1x4s so I don't put the radiant barrier on. I know that I have radiant barrier on my house, and it was installed over the 1x4s and its hotter than hell fire in my attic compared to what it used to be. IMO a thicker decking works just as well if not better.

My parents opted for the spray foam on the underside of their decking and their attic feels air conditioned no matter what time of day or year.

Im just tryin to make my contribution man. this was my tithe to the forum given all the jackassin I do around here. Its like my yearly helpful post.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Remodel
29,598 Posts
I have radiant barrier on my house, and it was installed over the 1x4s and its hotter than hell fire in my attic compared to what it used to be.
On a sunny day, you should be able to get a 10 degree drop in attic temp, but the shingles are a bigger factor. Using aluminized mylar.kraft paper applied under the rafters, I've had a drop from 140 to 110 degrees on a roof with a ridge vent, but the radiant barrier decking won't do that well.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Renegade you dont count because you have more than 200 posts. The consensus is after 200 posts you actually know something. I read it on another thread so it has to be true.
No that's bull it's more then 200 posts a year. So I'm getting pretty close to that I'll see you guys next year!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey I'm not startin fights anymore!! I've been on my best behavior since that whole "incident" where I was cast out of the garden and branded with the scarlet letter.

Haven't you noticed I've been wearing my big girl pants lately? I hardly even curse anymore. I haven't said anything about mauleman, and I was even nice to a new guy. I'm really going all out here!

I was just sayin... That's what I thought we had determimed was the cut off.

(Hehehe)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On a sunny day, you should be able to get a 10 degree drop in attic temp, but the shingles are a bigger factor. Using aluminized mylar.kraft paper applied under the rafters, I've had a drop from 140 to 110 degrees on a roof with a ridge vent, but the radiant barrier decking won't do that well.
I agree

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey I'm not startin fights anymore!! I've been on my best behavior since that whole "incident" where I was cast out of the garden and branded with the scarlet letter.

Haven't you noticed I've been wearing my big girl pants lately? I hardly even curse anymore. I haven't said anything about mauleman, and I was even nice to a new guy. I'm really going all out here!

I was just sayin... That's what I thought we had determimed was the cut off.

(Hehehe)
You weren't very nice to that one new guy that patched that commercial roof :whistling:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats the guy i thought i was nice to! seriously, none of my posts were meant to be mean to him, i always come off like a B tho.... im just an offensive person. lol hey, i told him i was not trying to be an as^hole, because i WAS feeling a little christian that day.. Until i had to run that other new guy off. i felt the claws coming out when he said we all thought we should get a medal and that we were liars and hypocrites. Then his ig'nant aS$ non factual writing skills atop his ignant as$ knowledge brought the devil out and me so i scratched his frecking eyes out. lol..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
thats the guy i thought i was nice to! seriously, none of my posts were meant to be mean to him, i always come off like a B tho.... im just an offensive person. lol hey, i told him i was not trying to be an as^hole, because i WAS feeling a little christian that day.. Until i had to run that other new guy off. i felt the claws coming out when he said we all thought we should get a medal and that we were liars and hypocrites. Then his ig'nant aS$ non factual writing skills atop his ignant as$ knowledge brought the devil out and me so i scratched his frecking eyes out. lol..
I'm going to have to start following you just to read when you rip in to someone. Oh wait never mind, I'm already following you. Sorry about the bushes and flowers out front of your house....:whistling

1 - 20 of 25 Posts