Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi and its nice to have found this forum.

Did this bathroom completely from the ground up. Whatcha think?

Before

After

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Looks awesome!

On a side note, I have never understood the concept of a beautiful bathroom like that and those cheap white foil cabinets???? What is with customers?

By the way how does the woman of the house like those down lights with no side lights? Has she mentioned that she suddenly looks hidious in the morning? LOL

The craftsmanship looks top notch!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grumpy said:
Is the painting finished around the lights? Looks like you used green primer?
yeah its finished, the green in the pic is the greenboard and yes i did everything myself. Ill see if i can find the original demolition pic... :Thumbs:

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Onhand,
Beautiful job, - - definitely something to be very proud of. Do keep in mind for the future though, - - greenboard gets used on walls only, - - not on ceilings, - - unless your framing is on 12" centers, - - greenboard is heavier than standard wallboard and may eventually sag on 16" centers. Also, - - it's not recommended for ceilings, - - because although it does have a high resistance to moisture, - - it has a low resistance to steam. I doubt though, - - if you'll ever have a problem beings it's such a small area. Anyway, keep up the great work!! :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Nice job!
Do you have to fill the sink for inspection too?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Teetorbilt said:
Nice job!
Do you have to fill the sink for inspection too?
lol funny Teetorbilt, nah the customer wanted to use it real bad!

Thanks for the info Tom, there is a pretty hefty frame above the greenboard ( used to house the florescent lights, ballasts, etc) so it should be real solid but again thanks! I love this place!

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
It looks outstanding. I'm curious why you wouldn't have mentioned to the homeowner a undermounted sink would be a cleaner look? I'm also assuming a undermounted sink could have work in that application because counter looks like a slab of kind of stone. I guess the point is this. Looks like homeowner spent some money on this remodel. I don't understand why they wouldn't have opted for the undermounted sink?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice bathroom. Can you possibly ball park the cost of the shower if able. Sorry im just looking at doing one and yours looks great. Possibly what you used? Thanks,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
canada4 said:
Nice bathroom. Can you possibly ball park the cost of the shower if able. Sorry im just looking at doing one and yours looks great. Possibly what you used? Thanks,
$800 for shower and glass installed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Green board is used in moist areas because it doesn't allow mold growth, but should not be used as a tile backer. I would not advise installing tile on drywall anywhere

·
Registered
56 Posts
K custom home said:
Green board is used in moist areas because it doesn't allow mold growth, but should not be used as a tile backer. I would not advise installing tile on drywall anywhere
I'm about to build a shower out in a bathroom, and I was going to use greenboard topped with Hardibacker cement board 1/4"... Something wrong with this? Its a tile shower such as in the picture?

Or do you recommend no drywall at all around the shower, and just 1/2" Cement backer board (same size and fit as drywall)

-Chris

1 - 20 of 33 Posts