Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
that is something that the military contracts out alot for their on base housing. if you have a base near you, you should look into it.

·
Banned
77 Posts
handyman service is great

Hey everyone

I'm new here. I have a business idea and I'm wanting to see if other people thinks it sounds good. I am thinking about doing a apartment prep type service. Where I go in rental properties after someone moves out and clean the place up, paint the walls, change locks, pressure wash and clean gutters. Does that sound like a good idea?

Thanks

Mike
:thumbsup:great Idea SouthernDawg09 ..... thats using some intelligence :party:.... sharp mind and good thoughts youll go a long way in this trade... the more you do the more you'll know .... defiantly ... that type of handyman service is a great way to meet up with local contractors in your home town....... in case you haven't herd a website with a unique domain name could also catapult your existing handyman service business ...... let me show how you can reach your targeted audience with a free sample of my internet handyman webdesign no cost and cheap prices when you decide... your making a good decision when you make your own move in the business world.... PM me for more details :notworthyhttp://www.contractortalk.com/members/southerndawg09-51831/

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
Hey everyone

I'm new here. I have a business idea and I'm wanting to see if other people thinks it sounds good. I am thinking about doing a apartment prep type service. Where I go in rental properties after someone moves out and clean the place up, paint the walls, change locks, pressure wash and clean gutters. Does that sound like a good idea?

Thanks

Mike

Are you a plumber by any chance? :shifty:

·
Tile Contractor
1,249 Posts
SD09,

That job discription is known as "Make Ready". You will find you'll have lots of competition, those guys are everywhere. Large apartment complexs have their own people to do that.

Realtors use a Make Ready company to prepare empty houses for showing and to hold their open houses and to spiffy up unoccupied commercial properties. Landlords of all discriptions use Make Readys. You could also look into crime scene clean up. If you have a strong stomach it can pay pretty good. Some states require you to be licensed tho.:)

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Are you a plumber by any chance? :shifty:
Plumber with a guilty conscience.

OP...not a bad idea at all if you can hook up with a realtor or take the property management direction...A.K.A. handyman:thumbsup:

·
Apartment Rehab Corp.
242 Posts
I had a business like that when I was in Cali. We also changed out the baseboard and gave the rentals a new facelift.....made good money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts