Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Newbie - A strange Mix

1721 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Teetorbilt
I'm actually an enterprise software developer / architect (consultant). I've been on hiatus from doing contracting work (floors, siding, housing refurbishment). I'm a mechanical engineer by education (and 3+ years exp) before switching to software 8+ years ago. I like software (java, XML, etc), but I really enjoy construction work....I tried to make a go of it 2 years ago, but I wasn't able to get off the ground.....it was too risky at the time with the economy to quit my job and become a contractor full-time without a solid client-base. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and also test the waters.

I'm in the Philadelphia area....and also willing to give website / development advice.....
Thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Welcome to the board! We have a few things in common such as an ME and wandering through life. I keep threatening to establish a website and have had a domain for many years. Maybe we can talk about it?
Sure...we can start with some simple mock up's then put some guts behind it....

What sort of business line?
Teetorbilt said:
Welcome to the board! We have a few things in common such as an ME and wandering through life. I keep threatening to establish a website and have had a domain for many years. Maybe we can talk about it?
Remodeling, maybe throw in the marine biz too.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.