Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dirt Warrior
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm new around here but i hope you guys don't mind giving some advice to a newb. ;)

I just started up last year and just got around to creating myself a website. Its not done quite yet, still need to spell check, fix links, get pictures up and SEO. But if could give me some feedback that'd be great.

Check out the link to the blog as well I custom coded it in Php! I still haven;t bought the domain yet but that's coming soon.

shesaidit[dot]ca / landscape /

Thanks in advance

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
If you expect to be taken seriously as a business, you need to get your own domain. $5 to $7 a month provides a lot of choices. I almost reported you for spam since I didn't realize right away I needed "/landscape" after the domain.

·
Dirt Warrior
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. I know man.
I was just developing on another site I have access to so that my unfinished site doesn't get seen by anyone. I can't run PHP locally so it has to go somewhere. I have hosting just need to purchase the domain. Once it's bought I'm going to be moving it all over. There is an entry in the robots.txt file so that Google doesn't index it now. Thanks for your input though. Any more input would be appreciated.
TIA

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
That helps explain it, thanks. I will also avoid posting a direct link which I thought about doing, but if you're trying not to get indexed, then posting the link here would be a bad idea. Search engines will naturally follow links, so we don't want to do that.

NOTE TO CT MEMBERS: Do NOT post link to site

There, that should take care of those skimming posts.

I didn't go deep to do a review, but my first observation is that it looks clean. Good job on that. However, the body text is too small. I have no problem with that, but it is high on the list of annoyances. You should make it at least 12px. I prefer px over pt (if you are familiar with CSS, otherwise that will be gibberish), but either will work fine. That's something you should fix right away. Perhaps others will comment further, I've got to get moving along right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts