Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just launched our new website yesterday. Obviously have a bit of tweaking to do, but I have been looking at it for too long. Hoping some fresh eyes can give me some good input. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
www.phiminnesota.com

·
Registered
797 Posts
Looks good. Took awhile for the starter page to load up but that could be my slow computer. Looks clean, nice design, and you do sweet work!

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts
I would try and make your phone number a little bigger and put it in a more visible position in your header. If you can add a contact form to each page, I think that would help get more conversions.

Overall I like it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Under the process section, I didn't like the financial arrangement thing. Sure, it does need to be discussed at some point, but, not on the first date.

P.1. about us: "down to earth" is not with "exceptional" and "superior". I would try to re~word that sentence.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I am a fan of orange. Your site seems to have a nice design, I would have liked a differnt background.

The site really needs a collapsible header when you scroll down.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have been debating the collapsible header. The reason for leaving the banner above the navigation bar was for branding and keeping the Logo and contact info in front of the viewer at all times, however it does eat up a lot of the screen. Haven’t found a way to keep the contact info in front of the viewer and not taking up so much screen…
What don’t you like about the background?

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,643 Posts
Nice site.

Need bigger phone number and faster loading.

I like the orange accents and personally, I particularly like the cursive writing especially since schools don't teach that anymore. Just a small, classy touch in my eyes. I would buy a deck from you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I would want either a custom designed background or something. Maybe whiter.

Your page titles are not right, 80% of webguys think page titles are meta data and not relevant anymore. Also your onpage in general is bleak.

Other then that you have a parent page for your services but all those services need to drop down in the menu.

There are workarounds for your disapearing header, like Yoast does. https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you enlighten me on page titles? Should these include project locations and keywords?

My onpage in general being bleak...as in too little content, too little use of keywords in content? I don't know much about SEO

I think we will end up going with a shrinking banner similar to www.rackspace.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Site looks pretty good. A little hard to read on mobile, its responsive which is good but still gotta pinch and zoom to read and navigate.

I ran the site through an SEO report and its not too bad really. I attached the report for you to look through or pass along to the company that did it. A couple of small and easy changes that will help your site rank higher.

Attachments

·
Ace Quality Painting
19 Posts
We just launched our new website yesterday. Obviously have a bit of tweaking to do, but I have been looking at it for too long. Hoping some fresh eyes can give me some good input. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
www.phiminnesota.com
Nice site. Like the overall color scheme and fixed header. I have been looking into implementing a fixed header on my website.:thumbsup:
I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.http://www.acequalitypainting.com/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts