Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Warton Woodworks DIY Blog
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAN MY WEBSITE BE IMPROVED?

Hello everyone.

I have spent many hours constructing my carpentry website. I have also tried to ensure the best SEO possible for my site. Your constructive criticism is welcome, especially in terms of SEO. My aim is to be ranked well in Google for my local area. In return I will give advice about your website, or websites in general.

Note: I am aware that my website blog is not on my own domain name.

Below is the link for my website (click wartonwoodworks below)

wartonwoodworks carpentry website essex

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Your home page says it has 19 H1's. Each page should have exactly 1 and 1 H2 and a few H3's are acceptable.

Use proper caps on your page titles.

Your home page should be more general I believe, identify some issues you excel at, talk about what makes you someone desirable to work with.

Expand your services into a page of their own and using a link or a funnel box direct people to your most searched for services off your home page.

I would use a 2 column layout and have infomation that people can identify quickly on the side. IE: Your years in biz, awards, contact form, whatever.

·
Marketing Consultant
35 Posts
JBM gave you great advice.

If your goal is to capture leads, I would also suggest a better "call to action" and perhaps a better lead intake form to qualify your leads and save you some working sorting entries.

Contact Us is generic, leaves you open to many inquiries that may not be solid leads (including solicitors and spam). I suggest something like a "Get an Estimate" button and a form that asks some questions such as scope of work they want done, city they are in, best time to cal, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts