Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had a company rewrite the "home" page and the "about us" page

Let me start by giving you my current website to see what the content is now.

Www.mlwconstruction.com check out the about usage and the home page. Those are the only two I'm having changed.

·
Super Moderator
44,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the new content for the home page

Home Page

Your home is more than just the space between the walls... there's all that wonderful outdoor space just waiting to be enjoyed. It's time to make the most of it.

MLW Construction can help.

Our expert contractors are skilled in the art of creating the perfect outdoor setting, from fences and decks to custom gazebos, balconies, patio covers and more. We use only the highest quality products, which means less maintenance for you and the comfort of knowing that your amazing new outdoor space will last for years to come.

We're locally owned and operated in Orange County, CA, and work hard to keep excellent references and referrals coming from our happy customers. As your local home construction professional and Trex certified deck builder, we can customize any project to fit your specific needs.

So, whether you're looking to build a custom outdoor kitchen, a new balcony, deck or patio, or you're looking for a space where family and friends can kick back and relax, we've got you covered.

Call us today... and let an MLW professional show you how to make yourself at home... outdoors. Call 714-720-9344.

MLW Construction serves all of Orange County, CA including Anaheim, Yorba Linda, Orange, Placentia, Diamond Bar, Covina, Chino Hills, Walnut, and Brea. We also service parts of Los Angeles County.

·
Super Moderator
44,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the new content for the about us page

About Us

It's time to rediscover your back yard...

You need a place to relax and unwind. A place to enjoy a cool breeze, barbecue for friends and family or relish that first cup of coffee as you watch the sun come up...

And that's where we come in.

MLW Construction is a full-service general building contractor, dedicated to helping you make the most of your outdoor space. Whether you're in need of a new patio cover or you'd like to create a custom outdoor living space, our construction professionals can help you design the perfect solution.

Our Story
Our owner, Mike Walter, brings over 26 years of construction experience to the company, and because we're family-owned, we understand the needs of our customers. Our prices are affordable and our contractors are the best of the best, so you'll always get the quality and consideration you deserve.

Worry-Free Design
Our design services are free, so tell us what you have in mind and let MLW Construction show you how to make that dream come true. We'll handle all the details including current building code compliance for your project - you're in good hands with MLW Construction.

Superior Service and Quality
We pride ourselves on 100% customer satisfaction and have excellent standings with the BBB to prove it. MLW is licensed, bonded and fully insured and our team of construction professionals has the skills, talent and experience to provide the exceptional design and service you expect.

In addition to being members of the Western Regional Master Builders Association, we're a Trex Pro Gold Partner, so you know you're getting quality products.

Call us today and let us help you create the outdoor living space of your dreams! (714) 720-9344

MLW Construction serves all of Orange County, CA including the following areas: Anaheim, Yorba Linda, Orange, Placentia, Diamond Bar, Covina, Chino Hills, Walnut, and Brea. We also service parts of Los Angeles County.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I like the new text.

It's nitpicking, but I'd skip the first part of the About Us page, up until "MLW Construction ....". People who click on "About Us" already know that it's time to re-discover their back yard, and they just want to figure out if you're the company to do it.

When you talk about "our expert contractors" are you setting the expectation that MLW is not necessarily you, personally? That phrase has a little of the flavor of a referral service. Where you say "our team of construction professionals" it doesn't have that connotation. That's also just nitpicking. It's better than before, for sure.

The new text on both pages is much less anonymous seeming than before.

- Bob

·
Super Moderator
44,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CarpenterSFO said:
I like the new text. It's nitpicking, but I'd skip the first part of the About Us page, up until "MLW Construction ....". People who click on "About Us" already know that it's time to re-discover their back yard, and they just want to figure out if you're the company to do it. When you talk about "our expert contractors" are you setting the expectation that MLW is not necessarily you, personally? That phrase has a little of the flavor of a referral service. Where you say "our team of construction professionals" it doesn't have that connotation. That's also just nitpicking. It's better than before, for sure. The new text on both pages is much less anonymous seeming than before. - Bob
Thanks Bob, I was looking at that part about our expert contractors too. I will have that changed. I get three tweaks so that will be one of them. I do like the your idea of "our team of construction professionals"

·
General Contractor
499 Posts
That is very well done Mike. I'm sure you will see some great ROI.

One thing I noticed is your mentioning your bonded. I recall (and found) on the CSLB site the following:

"Don't advertise about bonding
Contractors are forbidden by law to advertise the fact that they are bonded. It could lead the public to believe there is a higher level of protection than might be the case."

I know it is stupid, it's government.

·
Super Moderator
44,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doctor Handyman said:
That is very well done Mike. I'm sure you will see some great ROI. One thing I noticed is your mentioning your bonded. I recall (and found) on the CSLB site the following: "Don't advertise about bonding Contractors are forbidden by law to advertise the fact that they are bonded. It could lead the public to believe there is a higher level of protection than might be the case." I know it is stupid, it's government.
Yes I know it's illegal my content writer didn't know that. I will get it removed. Good catch!

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
That is very well done Mike. I'm sure you will see some great ROI.

One thing I noticed is your mentioning your bonded. I recall (and found) on the CSLB site the following:

"Don't advertise about bonding
Contractors are forbidden by law to advertise the fact that they are bonded. It could lead the public to believe there is a higher level of protection than might be the case."

I know it is stupid, it's government.
Why is it illegal to advertise bonding? Because it gives you a competitive advantage?

·
Super Moderator
44,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Because your bond isn't insurance for the customer. Guys were showing their bond to customers trying to pass it off like they had insurance for them. The bond is a requirement, and is only to give the CSLB instant money to pay for any damages in case you break licensing laws.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.