Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
Aren't there tools now with an electronic key, that needs to be close or the said tools wont work?

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
I know that Hilti has a pretty cool system that all the serial #'s are in their database, and you report to them your tools went "missing". so that if anyone takes something to them that was stolen, they let you know and you'll get it back.
This happened to a sparky i know, he got it back

·
President
1,349 Posts
I have been known to use other contractors tools on jobs. But I always ask, and I alsways clean the tool (if I got it dirty) when I am done...

I borrowed an electricians cordless drill a cpl years ago cause I left mine at home... He 'caught me in my truck with it' he thought I was trying to steal it... nope just cleaning off the little bit of paint on it... when I handed it back to him, his response was 'wow! it hasnt been that clean in years!' :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I have 2 or 3 sets of almost everything......If I know I'm going to be working in a questionable environment....the good stuff stays home.....When it comes to the "borrowers" on the job site? Same thing........Oh you want to borrow a chisel? Here's one I should have thrown away 6 years ago....."WTF kind of chisel is this?"......."It's better than the one you don't have".......Losing nice hand tools to some "forgetful individual" only to find it in the bed of his truck 3 weeks later is one of the most aggravating "tool losses" I can think of

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
I have 2 or 3 sets of almost everything......If I know I'm going to be working in a questionable environment....the good stuff stays home.....When it comes to the "borrowers" on the job site? Same thing........Oh you want to borrow a chisel? Here's one I should have thrown away 6 years ago....."WTF kind of chisel is this?"......."It's better than the one you don't have".......Losing nice hand tools to some "forgetful individual" only to find it in the bed of his truck 3 weeks later is one of the most aggravating "tool losses" I can think of

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

41 - 60 of 69 Posts