Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have done some swapping and trading and upgraded from my 6x12 to a 16 footer... everything is almost ready in it other than finishing up wiring and plumbing my air lines outside... Do yall have any suggestions for lights? I had led lights designed for underneath cabinets in my last one but I don't think I they will work as well in the bigger trailer

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend of mine had a 20 ft trailer. He had two rows of LED lights lenght wise. They really really did the trick. We used it last winter. Set up a Mitre saw with a heater and went to town. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about those but was worried the bulbs may shake and vibrate out... out roads are horrible so I was a little skeptical of fluorescent lights

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
I have 2 sets of flouresent lights in mine, I live on 2 miles of gravel and its the worst road in the USA! I have not had problems with my lights at all, I have been looking at going to LED because of the lower power draw.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea I loved my LED lights in my other trailer but the style I had just wont work as well in this one... they were under cabinet lights that you could join as many as you wanted but the cords between them are to short to space them the supports in the trailer

·
90%-er
1,443 Posts
I thought about those but was worried the bulbs may shake and vibrate out... out roads are horrible so I was a little skeptical of fluorescent lights
I'm down a good two miles of terrible dirt roads. Never a problem. Probably could find a good LED substitute, but these things are bright man. I just daisy chained two sets together and threw a switch next to the factory light switch by the door.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,038 Posts
I put two sets of T5 high output (not just regular t5) fixtures in mine then cut a simple metal wire cage around them both. Forty bucks a piece, very very bright at night
Did the same in mine, was able to buy regular wire cages for them . Nice being able to work in a trailer with lots of light.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
If you are going to use florescent...and you live in a cold climate I suggest you use a fixture with 0-degree electronic ballasts.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I got rid of my flourescents and have been using led tubes. They don't have to warm up in the cold before they're bright, they're brighter than flourescents ,and the practically indestructible

1 - 15 of 15 Posts