Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,422 Posts
I hope it's not as crappy as their screw drivers.
I have a couple sets of screwdrivers and 3 sets of nut drivers. They have yet to fail me.

What do you find wrong with them...don't open paint cans efficiently?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I have a couple sets of screwdrivers and 3 sets of nut drivers. They have yet to fail me.

What do you find wrong with them...don't open paint cans efficiently?
Klein were my first set of screwdrivers when I started doing electrical work. I quickly realized that for the price they are garbage.

My most commonly used screwdriver is a 1/4" standard cabinet tip. I've snapped 3 Klein and they weren't warrantied. The rest of them strip easy, wear out fast or snap easy.

My Mastercraft 60 piece set for 20 bucks is better than the Klein screwdrivers.

I now only have Wera and Wiha in my toolbag, all insulated. Whia makes the best tips, wera has better handles and bit holders.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Me. I really like their stuff, other tools too by Klein
Klein is an electrician's Snap-On. They started their company making side cutting pliers. Their pliers and cutters are excellent, I've had their hand tools in daily use for over 10 years, I can't say enough good things about them.

Their other stuff is just re-badged crap...and the screwdrivers are atrocious.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
My Klein screwdrivers seem to wear out faster that any other also. I have only snapped off Klein and Crapsman screwdriver tips, and at least the Crapsman are easy to warranty.
Most of my hand tools are Snap-on, Stahlwille, and Hazet.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
My Klein screwdrivers seem to wear out faster that any other also. I have only snapped off Klein and Crapsman screwdriver tips, and at least the Crapsman are easy to warranty.
Most of my hand tools are Snap-on, Stahlwille, and Hazet.
I agree, not only are Klein the worst screwdriver ever made, they are relatively expensive.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I think I saw them at Billows.

I don't own any. I do have a bunch of Klein. I too use the little slotted screw driver often.

I bought two off set screwdrivers, that are supposed to spin screws in and out quickly. I never use them.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
The wiggy screwdrivers have very limited uses, faster to just use a drill.

Reactions: m1911

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
The wiggy screwdrivers have very limited uses, faster to just use a drill.
I have several and I rarely use them, as the screws I'm trying to drive always seem to have just enough "friction" to keep you from spinning them freely. :blink:

I use my Bosch pocket driver for just about everything.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
An HVAC friend of mine had a pretty cool DeWalt electric screwdriver. If you turn it slightly clockwise it tightens automatically, if you turn it slightly counter-clockwise it loosens.

He was looking for another battery. Apparently it only came with one

1 - 20 of 50 Posts