Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family & I recently move to the Greenville, SC area & restarted our business. We moved from Florida where we had a home repair company, a cabinet & counter-top company, & I was a partner in a residential construction & development company. Now in SC things are very different here. In the building process that is. I have my residential builders license here now. I am looking for some tips/direction as to the the processes which one needs to follow to start a build.

In Florida there is a lot more involved in the start up for a house build. I have run many house builds in FL and need to know the how to's, to do it here. For instance Florida requires three sets of engineered plans that need to be approved by the localities engineers, prior to being able to pull your permits. I am willing to learn... Thanks & look forward to all of your input.

God Bless You & Yours!!!

·
General Contractor
8,086 Posts
My family & I recently move to the Greenville, SC area & restarted our business. We moved from Florida where we had a home repair company, a cabinet & counter-top company, & I was a partner in a residential construction & development company. Now in SC things are very different here. In the building process that is. I have my residential builders license here now. I am looking for some tips/direction as to the the processes which one needs to follow to start a build.

In Florida there is a lot more involved in the start up for a house build. I have run many house builds in FL and need to know the how to's, to do it here. For instance Florida requires three sets of engineered plans that need to be approved by the localities engineers, prior to being able to pull your permits. I am willing to learn... Thanks & look forward to all of your input.

God Bless You & Yours!!!
God bless you to:thumbsup:

Go to a local building department and ask what the process is... I'm sure its not much different then in Florida.

Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts