Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'll just jump in here and see how this thing works. Having done commercial contracting most of my life, I've recently starting acquiring architectural-salvage antiquities as a hobby. I have an opportunity to salvage 2 buildings worth of old ceiling tins with all the trim. I'm wondering if anyone knows the best way of finding buyers, builders, architects, that could use these in new or restoration projects?

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,818 Posts
I guess I'll just jump in here and see how this thing works. Having done commercial contracting most of my life, I've recently starting acquiring architectural-salvage antiquities as a hobby. I have an opportunity to salvage 2 buildings worth of old ceiling tins with all the trim. I'm wondering if anyone knows the best way of finding buyers, builders, architects, that could use these in new or restoration projects?
Welcome Woolster. Architectural salvage is a subject near and dear to me. I'd love to see some pics of what you have and projects you're working on.

Most major cities have one or more architectural salvage yards. Some with the basics like doors, windows, hardware, etc.--others with more high dollar items like bars, balustrades, carved elements, art pieces, etc.

What's the market like in your city for these items? Do you see yourself marketing nationwide or warehousing for local point of sale?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Salvage

Welcome Woolster. Architectural salvage is a subject near and dear to me. I'd love to see some pics of what you have and projects you're working on.

Most major cities have one or more architectural salvage yards. Some with the basics like doors, windows, hardware, etc.--others with more high dollar items like bars, balustrades, carved elements, art pieces, etc.

What's the market like in your city for these items? Do you see yourself marketing nationwide or warehousing for local point of sale?[/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Salvage pics

Thanks for the response, here are a couple of pics of what I came across. Hope they come through.
As far as marketing, I'm not sure how to go about it? Open for suggestions.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts