Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My name is James. I'm from Northern, Virginia. I've been in construction for about 14 years now from SC and VA. Bounced around to different trades but have spent most of my time in carpentry and the plumbing fields. I don't know it all but I do have knowledge to help out if anyone needs any suggestions. I do hope to build some of my knowledge with those who have been around longer in the trades that are part of this forum. Have a great new year everyone and be safe. :thumbsup:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Welcome to CT. There is plenty of good info and advice to be had here.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to CT. There is plenty of good info and advice to be had here.:thumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome, I do have a question for you seeing your into carpentry. I've come across installing a large heavy piece of equipment into cabinet, a double oven. It needs to be supported and I was wondering if you have ever come across something like that and if so how do you handle it. It needs to support about 400lbs. there's a draw at the bottom of the cabinet for nick nacks how would you go about building a support system for this appliance?

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, I do have a question for you seeing your into carpentry. I've come across installing a large heavy piece of equipment into cabinet, a double oven. It needs to be supported and I was wondering if you have ever come across something like that and if so how do you handle it. It needs to support about 400lbs. there's a draw at the bottom of the cabinet for nick nacks how would you go about building a support system for this appliance?
Many years back, I did such a deed. I was fortunate enough to have room to drop a piece of 3/4" plywood into the bottom of the oven opening and still have enough faceframe so the oven would cover the edge. I also had enough room to stand 5/8" plywood rips up between the drawer glides /cabinet box and fasten a pinrail across the back to beef up the undercarriage. All glued and screwed before the finished ply skin was attached to the oven cab (right side). Other side was adjacent to a base cabinet. I don't know the weight of the oven unit, but it did the trick in my case. I suppose you could beef up under the bottom shelf as well. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts