Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, am new to the site . I have been in construction "residential" for 17 years ........holy cra... i have done just about all ther is to do sometimes I wish I haden't. I do mostly exterior trim and siding now. Hardi esp. I have encountered just about every problem known to "siders". Mostly caused by ignorant frameres. No offense intended toward any of you. Just glad to be here and look forward to being a part of this base of knowledge, lord knows I will need it at some point. Dos Clavos AKA Nick

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome Nick, I,m sure that you'll have some valuable input. This subject tends to arise frequently. I'm considering Hardee for numerous projects in the near future, don't be a stranger.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
We all apololgize for Bob but he's....................Bob!
Hang around and you'll get used to him.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Welcome Nick
Your from my neck of the woods. Generally speaking.
Hey no offense taken on the ignorant framers . heh heh
When rookies become leads we know what happens.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Framer, what happens in OR? People rust?

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Oregon actually has better weather than WA has. To stop the rust we wear alot of long johns and rain gear.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I am from Oregon, and I agree....the traffic and weather is way better...let alone no sales tax :)

But you can't beat Pike's street market!

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Florcraft said:
I am from Oregon, and I agree....the traffic and weather is way better...let alone no sales tax :)

But you can't beat Pike's street market!
Pike is the shizzle. No sales tax is cool if your not getting taxed by the state on your wages. I worked down there on a working trip. Wages seem a little lower. I was in the biz for about a 2-3 years and when I told how much I wanted the company said that is almost what we pay our leads. :eek:

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
That's why I moved up here.
no sales OR state tax, and plenty of money to go around.

you need the extra money for housing though. house prices are huge!

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
They get you any way they can. Some times I think if I moved my family in a RV and bought some land I would be better off. Then they would make up some squatter tax. lol

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Flor, I have been contemplating buying a hunt camp up there for years. Any idea how much one would cost, say around 1500 sq,ft,? Doesn't need to be near town, I think that the soft track vehicles that we use here in the swamps would work fine up there with few modifications.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I really have no clue, but if the prices are as high as residential houses, your in for a shock.
I would love to be able to afford a summer home in Homer or something.

I am sure that away from town prices will be cheaper.

If anyone here wants to invest some money, there is a town about an hour North of here called Wasilla. And in about 10 years, your 200 thousand dollar house will triple!

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Florcraft said:
I really have no clue, but if the prices are as high as residential houses, your in for a shock.
I would love to be able to afford a summer home in Homer or something.

I am sure that away from town prices will be cheaper.

If anyone here wants to invest some money, there is a town about an hour North of here called Wasilla. And in about 10 years, your 200 thousand dollar house will triple!
I know a guy that lives in Wasilla. Wouldn't be a bad investment. Why do you think it will triple?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
JustaFramer said:
I know a guy that lives in Wasilla
...he doesn't eat steak but loves Armadilla? :cheesygri

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
We are running out of room here in Anchorage.
Our sister city (Eagle River) will shortly have a bigger population than Fairbanks.
There is TONS of available land in Palmer/Wasilla.
I heard it is the fastest growing city in the country.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts