Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Custom Cabinets/Home Remo
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just signed up for this site, based on a reccomendation from a friend who has has good experiences with this place. He also said he has found invaluable insight and help from the members here. I hope to have the same experience.
I've been building custom store fixtures in Vermont for almost ten years, and now have decided to work for myself.
My true calling is building custom cabinets and have become really assured of my skills doing it. But I've found in this area it may be better to be building/remodeling homes. During these times people seem to be spending much less on luxeries and putting more money into their homes.
The only problem I've had is getting my name out there. Years ago a few biz cards and an ad in the phone book would suffice. These days it seems if you are not online with web pages, domains, etc.. then no one will ever know you exist.
If anyone has any advice on how to "get your name out there" it would be greatly appreciated.
I hope to be able to develop good relatiionships with contractors and the like here.
Owner; Vt Woodworks
[email protected]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to CT. I an new myself and this "place" is a lot of fun. I have just relocated here to Al from Oh and find myself in a similar spot as you. Kinda starting over and trying to get my name out there. I made quit a name for my self back in Oh by just being the best I could be and finding people to work for that recognized good work. I am hoping to do the same here but it doesn't happen over night thats for sure. Good luck to ya and happy posting.:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts