Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Tom Hay. I am a Roofing Contractor out of New Port Richey, Florida. My specialty is SPF (Urethane Foam) and Polyurea. I have installed SPF in Florida for over 30 years (No Lawsuits). I also apply TPO and patterned Metal Roofs. Lets see what this board is all about.
Tom Hay

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Welcome Tom, it's great to have you involved!

I just moved to Clermont, FL (outside Orlando) about 5 months ago.
If you would like to read some other introductions check out our introductions thread

I'm not really familiar with SPF. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

- Nathan

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nwingate said:
Welcome Tom, it's great to have you involved!

I just moved to Clermont, FL (outside Orlando) about 5 months ago.
If you would like to read some other introductions check out our introductions thread

I'm not really familiar with SPF. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

- Nathan
SPF is a Multi Component material made up of Iso (A side) Polyol (B Side). These materials go through two seperate pumps, two seperate heaters, two seperate hoses and on the Gun trigger being pulled spray out as a liquid which expands 30 times its volume and hardens in 4 sec. It becomes Urethane Foam, a closed Cell material which is applied seamlessly as a waterproof SYSTEM. Urethane Foam has the highest R-Factor per inch known to man being 7.14. The systems are applied with various type coverings to protect from UV breakdown. The key to the system being the Spray applicators knowledge of if the material is going down at the right mix and pressure, if the substrate is proper and if the humidity levels are good for MFG this system on site.
TomHay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts