Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
windows & siding
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just clicked on this forum to see if there was anything new or interesting, and as I looked down the list of posts it occurred to me that there is never anything new or interesting. It is a bunch of posts calling out online lead services on how badly they rip us off. I think it should just be called the lead service complaint board or something... The real question is, why do we continue to let these guys rip us off? I don't know. I'll admit, I'm just as guilty as the next guy. I'll cancel a service only to sign up for another one a few months later. I tell myself "I just have to play the numbers, a certain percentage have to close.", but the problem is that percentage keeps going down, and the lead prices keep going up. This honestly has to be one of the biggest scams in our country today. Sooner or later we'll wake up and these guys will either have to completely change their business models or they will all be gone. I have to say though, I can see a day when SM offers installation services.:eek:

·
windows & siding
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your brain is amazing:notworthy:party:
Seriously, I am not a conspiracy theorist, but SM already does ppc with our company names and steals our leads only to sell them to us as a direct match... Is it really out of the realm of possibility that they would somehow partner with the search engines and force us to buy all organic search leads?! Please, save this thread, because I think that day will come.:blink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts