Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just told me about a new generator system (to be built) that he bought into. It is a 8-12kw ( he could remember) gen that doesn't not need any type of fuel or oil to run it. It runs off itself. The company is going to advertise it as a whole house gen. and you wont need your POCO anymore. It is going to be built so that if you need more than the supplied power that you will be able to put a couple of these in line with one another to double,or triple wattage, if needed. Already patented and has a state grant and they are working on a federal grant right now. What you think???

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Not much, you really need to study physics. UNLESS they have recently discovered an economical way to separate water into H and O.

When that nut is cracked there will be a new page written in history.

8-12 KW won't run much down here, my emergency gen is 7.8 and it will just run the basics and not all at once. The average home here needs about 24KW to run everything including A/C, the power grid usually goes down due to hurricanes.

If you're smart you won't invest in your friends product without a LOT OF RESEARCH.

·
solar guy
1,917 Posts
Not much, you really need to study physics. UNLESS they have recently discovered an economical way to separate water into H and O.

When that nut is cracked there will be a new page written in history.

8-12 KW won't run much down here, my emergency gen is 7.8 and it will just run the basics and not all at once. The average home here needs about 24KW to run everything including A/C, the power grid usually goes down due to hurricanes.

If you're smart you won't invest in your friends product without a LOT OF RESEARCH.
I have got to agree with this there has been a lot of hype on the net about similar " perpetual motion machines" none have worked and none have been powerful enough to bleed energy from especially that much. Save your money.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
I looked into this one machine and yes, there's a physics problem that unless the world physics consortium agrees on, it will remain BS. I have personally seen it in action, however I was not able to confirm anything. It was running without any "fuel".

If I can find the link I will post what may be the closest thing to what you say. A lifelong well known physicist designed it. Application of it is unknown.

The problem is the laws Einstein and others have for physics would be false. Can't have that. It would create upheaval on a world scale.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
I am going to agree with everyone here. Regardless what kind of machine that it is, everything in nature requires some kind of fuel to operate. This includes us humans, tree's and all other wildlife. The only thing that could be considered running off itself is if the ouput is the same as its input and even then that is considered some kind of fuel. This even goes back to perpetual motion. We all know that the consumption of power will always be greater then the output, there is just no way around it.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,689 Posts
Anyone wanna buy a bridge? I've got one in Brooklyn for sale.

This so-called 'generator that runs off itself' is nothing more than modern sorcery. Slight of hand and that's it. 500 years ago, elaborate machines were created that appeared to transform straw into gold, and they were nothing more than magic tricks.

·
Structural Engineer
513 Posts
I'm a little skeptical.

Also, I did a search and came up with a news article from 2008. At the bottom where people can leave comments, there were one or two skeptics, and the rest were folks absolutely gushing about the inventor. Almost cult-like. Creepy.

Also, FYI, right now he's searching for investors. Imagine that.

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
First Law of Thermodynamics..........

Matter (Energy) Can NOT be created nor destroyed. Matter (Energy) can ONLY change form.

Which means.............There will be waste in the process in the form of friction (Heat) and therefore there need be additional Energy introduced to the system thusly NEGATING the term "Perpetual".

In a PERFECT vacuum at ABSOLUTE ZERO, Perpetuity could, Theoretically, exist.

That is if Gravity could be overcome. (Gravity is NOT what you think it is!)

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
I'm a little skeptical.

Also, I did a search and came up with a news article from 2008. At the bottom where people can leave comments, there were one or two skeptics, and the rest were folks absolutely gushing about the inventor. Almost cult-like. Creepy.

Also, FYI, right now he's searching for investors. Imagine that.

If the Shiit worked, he would NOT need Investors!

It is like Crack.........No need "sell" Crack. It sells itself!

First Law of Economics! Supply and Demand!

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,689 Posts
..............Also, FYI, right now he's searching for investors. Imagine that.
I'll be the first in line to invest.

I'll send him a check for $500,000, which he can cash and send me $450,000 via Western Union.:w00t:

He's not really looking for 'investors'. He's looking for idiots with money.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
First Law of Thermodynamics..........

Matter (Energy) Can NOT be created nor destroyed. Matter (Energy) can ONLY change form.

Which means.............There will be waste in the process in the form of friction (Heat) and therefore there need be additional Energy introduced to the system thusly NEGATING the term "Perpetual".

In a PERFECT vacuum at ABSOLUTE ZERO, Perpetuity could, Theoretically, exist.

That is if Gravity could be overcome. (Gravity is NOT what you think it is!)
Well said!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.