Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Love my 8 1/4"!:thumbsup:

Transport Soil Blue-collar worker Construction worker Infrastructure

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heavy_d said:
Those are some super long TJI's! Or is it just the picture perspective?
Those are 11 7/8-46 footers. About a dozen of those, then stepping down to 42-40-32's.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some more pics. Got the wall jacks out. We have to wait on the garage while the foundation crew tears out the 25' wall on the right because they're 4" out of parallel in front.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Deckhead said:
Do you normally set off center when you hook girders or are you adjusting or something?
The left side of the step down portion is being set into a (nonbearing) pocket in the interior wall.

Reactions: Deckhead

·
Always Learning
8,716 Posts
So I have to ask...and I admit I have an excellent truss manufacturer, why just truss all of it instead of just the girder trusses?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
builder98 said:
did you build those work platforms? Looks good, i have always just used ladders, good idea, thanks.
Platforms?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
While I realize any roof can be trussed, I'm certain the roof line would have been "simplified" if it was all trusses. Plus, the builder wouldn't have been able to make the 6 ceiling height changes/vault additions.:censored:

I'll post up a roof plan and elevation later.

Ok, it's later.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
kiteman said:
Some more pics. Got the wall jacks out. We have to wait on the garage while the foundation crew tears out the 25' wall on the right because they're 4" out of parallel in front.
I see you got one of those 3 legged ladders. I got one to but its too wide to carry in my truck with the cap on

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
did you build those work platforms? Looks good, i have always just used ladders, good idea, thanks.
Those are pre installed, (while flat on the floor) soffit overhangs!:whistling

I need to dig up some picts from a project I was foreman on 35 yrs ago of a simlilar teqnique.;)
Joe

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cut and stack. Just have the covered deck, octagon and rear valley fill to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Roofcheck said:
The last picture has two ridges, looks like the hip is high on the first one, not thinking there is a second.
It's either an illusion or you're mistaking a hip for a ridge.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts