Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all.

seems like a cool site.
I work for a construction company owned by my father, been working full time or near full time since I was 12 years old (14 years ago) in residential construction.
I was home schooled so I was able to balance work and school.

My dad probably started in construction around that age working after school and on weekends for different construction crews and he started his own business when he was 19 and has been doing that ever since.

I'm here to watch and participate in business and trade discussions - my dad and I had a serious conversation the other day and decided neither of us are satisfied with our current income and are going to explore what changes need to be made.

I figured this would be a good place to get some perspective.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey driftweed.
Same city as you, actually. I was not expecting to find someone so close to us (geographically) on this site, especially not on my first post.

What crews have you painted with? You can PM me the answer for privacy reasons if you want.

·
Accidental Painter
2,292 Posts
hey driftweed.
Same city as you, actually. I was not expecting to find someone so close to us (geographically) on this site, especially not on my first post.

What crews have you painted with? You can PM me the answer for privacy reasons if you want.

Funny but true story:

I tried like crazy to get a job in construction after being done with factory work. No luck. So I just went out on my own from scratch. Never got the joy of working with any crews.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again for all the greetings. Good to see the state is well represented on this site!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts