Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple pictures from a job we just recently started. Had to tell the guys not to get to comfortable in the Cat equipment, it'll be going back after we're done. Needed some help and bigger equipment than we own though to get things done faster.

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! That one was on purpose though. Trying to get down to something suitable to get a road built in. Pretty much the same thing as the hole you see in the foreground. Everything is wet, pumping like crazy under the trucks, roller and everything. Running between 16-18% moisture. Been spending our time trying to dry everything out instead of grading, pia!

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Nice pics. Glad to see you have some decent work.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you sir! We are very lucky to be busy and the rest of the year is looking pretty good as well. Not much on the bigger mass grading, but we get into a little. The guys are liking the rented equipment though. Not cheap, but cat always sends real nice and new stuff on rental. That's a 336 hoe, thing is a beast. We used to have a hitachi 330 no where near the size of this thing. Think the big companies in this area are switching from 450's to these 336's.

You guys staying busy I hope. Almost at the point we might have to turn work away, hate to say it and never thought it would get to that point but nice. It might just be everything is coming at once though.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Up in my in my area in the natural gas country most of the pipeline companies are using the 336's. My brother-in-law is running one right loading natual gas pipe on trailers using a vacuum lift. They use the vacuum lift so it doesn't scratch the special coating on the pipe. My local Cat dealer (Cleveland Brothers) is making a fortune of the Marcellus Shale. I've never seen so many single grouser hoes and side boom pipelayers in my life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts