Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help from those of you who have a set of Occidentals. I got a new set of 5191 today for Christmas and I need to know how to break these things in? I can barely get any of my tools in these pouches they are so tight!
Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I need some help from those of you who have a set of Occidentals. I got a new set of 5191 today for Christmas and I need to know how to break these things in? I can barely get any of my tools in these pouches they are so tight!
Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!!
Well its your lucky day,:thumbup: I offer a occiy break in service, Send me the bags and i will use them for a year or two and break them in, There is a small charge for this but,:laughing: As its Christmas time we will for go this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sunkist said:
Well its your lucky day,:thumbup: I offer a occiy break in service, Send me the bags and i will use them for a year or two and break them in, There is a small charge for this but,:laughing: As its Christmas time we will for go this.
Oh awesome thanks pm me your address I'll be sure to send them right out what's your fee a couple hundred bucks?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
overanalyze said:
The easiest answer is time. Otherwise some ball glove oil will loosen it up.
Hopefully over time they will form nice to me and my tools but my main concern is right now I cant even get my tape in the pouch

·
Been around
1,165 Posts
Hopefully over time they will form nice to me and my tools but my main concern is right now I cant even get my tape in the pouch
The tape holders are just tight.

I don't much care for the placement or function and I don't use it.

Nice set, you will figure out on your own how the tape holder works for you.

·
GC/carpenter
43,943 Posts
Grant9454 said:
That tape holder will become loose enough it will be able to fall out on its own. Just give some time. They make it tight because if they didn't it would loosen up too much.

·
Registered
506 Posts
HARRY304E said:
Dude that stuff smells horrible. I used to use it when my boots were new but they would reek for weeks. I had to keep them on my porch or in the basement after oiling them. I could smell the oil every time I kneeled down or climbed off a ladder. I'd does work great but the stink is too much for me. The second bottle I tried wasn't nearly as bad so maybe they have different kinds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts