Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
I've mostly run stihls so it's 2nd nature to me but my helper always has trouble.

I prime til I see fuel, usually 4 pushes or so, then full choke 1 maybe 2 pulls, when it fires I take it out of choke and it runs. If it stops before I have time to take it out of choke I Pull again with no choke.

I only use half choke of it's been run at least 5 minutes ago but not more than 20 minutes ago

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I've mostly run stihls so it's 2nd nature to me but my helper always has trouble.

I prime til I see fuel, usually 4 pushes or so, then full choke 1 maybe 2 pulls, when it fires I take it out of choke and it runs. If it stops before I have time to take it out of choke I Pull again with no choke.

I only use half choke of it's been run at least 5 minutes ago but not more than 20 minutes ago

Looks like you got that saw down pat !:thumbsup:

Most small gas engines have a certain idiosyncrasy about starting them. Discover what it is you are good to go,if not,they will give you a fit every time.

One exception,I have one old mixer with a old 10 HP. Briggs engine (solid cast iron). Believe it or not,it will start 99% of the time first pull 100% second, 30 degrees to 100 degrees,choke open,closed or in between. The only reason it will not start......out of gas .:laughing:

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Oh no way, I dont pump it at all. Just choke and pull. I dont even use the piston release thing. Rip right through it.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts