Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I got the same one its pretty nice. My pal has the 700 whatever it is and rips through stone. If I did stone as much as you I might think about the 700.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
ive got one of those as well. My only complaint is that the 'electric water feed' broke within a couple months and there is no alternative way to hook up water short of holding the hose or setting it up on a stake. Other than that- its a sweet saw.

How long is the warranty ?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Just a little trivia that may give you a longer service life . I always mix a tad more oil in all my 2 cycle engines. Never do have plug fouling as a result but seem to get long service.

The perk I understand Stihl has with their saws is a real good air filtering system. I try to blow my filters out every day if possible.

Nice tool.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Awesome
I had a while thread dedicated to saws, with that being the leader.

Yes. The cost is never as low as we'd like, but knowing that you bought the leading brand in the industry should help.

With me, it's bitter sweet: on one hand I can't wait to use it; on the other, I don't want to get it dirty - use it always wins!

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Ive run my saw till it couldnt get air anymore, pulled the air filter off and it was gross. Inside of it didnt have a single particle of dust.

I dont clean them just put in a new one.

1200 saw and were gonna clean a 20 air filter lol!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Awesome
I had a while thread dedicated to saws, with that being the leader.

Yes. The cost is never as low as we'd like, but knowing that you bought the leading brand in the industry should help.

With me, it's bitter sweet: on one hand I can't wait to use it; on the other, I don't want to get it dirty - use it always wins!
And you've been told.....buy a stihl and be done with it.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've had Huskys and Partners. Sometimes they were hard starting when hot.
This Stilh does not have the water control, but I did see it in the manual.
Yes ; never had a problem with a little more oil.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts