Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just recently updated my website for my painting company. I am a owner operator and my partner and I finally decided to take the advice and invest $600 to get a better looking website.

I made some changes to the content and decided to simplify the site.

How does it look and any suggestions?

Also I hear alot about seo stuff and getting it to the top. does anyone have experience with pay per click advertising?

http://www.raycopainting.com

thanks for the help

-rayco

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
google "free SEO submission" abd do as many as you can
get every free yellow page onlne listing tha you can
join every network that you can that will link back to your site

Dont do pay per click, it will cost you more then it is worth as a painting contractor.
I go to Use.com and use their auction templates to post on craigslist with a link back to my website.
Alot of the things like pay per click and adwords are geared more towards merchandise then service. You dont want people all around the country clicking your ad and you having to pay for it.
I dont know much about SEO but the guys around here are telling me if you link a blog to your page it will help drive in traffic.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
No I built the page then put parts of it on CL, I have had a few people tell me they got decent jobs off of CL. So far I have got nothing, but it does turn up on search engines and it can lead someone back to your real website, so since it is free why not use it.
Even if you never get a single job off of it you might still be able to have some idiots contact you with stupid ideas that you can bring back here and show us so we can all make fun of them.
I was actually about to stop posting on it untill the other "painters" started getting mad becaue I was stressing the importance of insurance and warranties.The ones responce was to say that his company had over 100 years combined experience or something like that. The other one decided to post that he would paint a kitchen for $50, I charge a tiny bit more then that.
They say I use hype to sell my services by stressing the importance of insurance and a written warranty. So I guess quality must also be hype. I am the hypest

1 - 11 of 11 Posts