Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help out via either private message or in the forum what you pay out to new construction cleanup companies for interior cleanup, per sqft.

I'm new into that field and I've been told the "going rate" is anywhere from .15-.21 sqft. But that seems quite low for a 2,000 sqft house... $300 for interior cleaning. You have to pay your crew, whether it is just yourself or 1,2 or 3 etc... It can take anywhere from 16+ man-hours. That leaves you with break-even or minimal profit.

I don't know how people are saying thats the going rate. I see on sites that instruct others what the phases are with example bid sheets and they use 1.25 sq/ft for example.

The developer I'm working with pays much more then the .21 and is more in line with nearly .75 sqft. The quailty of my work and time is in line with the .75 sqft.

Can others provide what they payout or think either in the forum or in pvt message, please? Thank You and Merry Christmas!

Z
Leatherneck Construction Cleanup
Semper Fieldelis - Always Cleaning

·
Registered
90 Posts
two parts to this question for custom residential work: 1) daily; and 2) final.

we budget daily in our general conditions (typically 5% of hard costs overall) and depending on the nature of the project we typically employe 1 or 2 people that make it part of their routine to clean. all-hands are orderly, its not a perfect world and we keep our sloppier keepers on new construction, but our general condition guys do the heavy lifting. around here these guys run between $10/ hour for casual labor to $18/hour for someone working their way up the trades.

final cleaning runs between $2k and $8k per job depending on the size of the house and nature of the client. luxury custom commands exacting standards and assuming we can deliver the project w/out partial occupancy, we can keep the costs beneath $10k because we can control commissioning sequences. if not, cleaning costs start to stack on top of themselves along with punchlist corrections and its difficult to say where we draw the line between the two. let's leave it at final cleaning has eaten our lunch on more than one occasion when punchlist, occupancy and cleaning became a run-on sentence.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. Straight pricing questions are frowned upon here, as are 'Going Rate' questions. If you are a contractor seeking advice regarding your pricing structure, the Moderators of this forum would like to direct you to this pricing thread - Pricing, Estimating and Success.

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.