Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a lot of the jurisdictions here are now enforcing the new rules for tub filler needing to be anti-scald (roman tub fillers).

We are having to install one of those limiting valve in the hot water feed to the tub and making it accessable.

Obviously not always the easiest thing to do depending on the design and layout.

Talking to the plumber today about it and mentioned putting it in the basement just off the hot water tank, the one we have is 1/2 piped so that wouldn't be a good idea in this case, but I figure there might be a 3/4 version around.

Plumber was concerned with volume restriction that the thing might cause for the whole house.

Is anybody else having to deal with this and got any bright ideas?

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
Install a tempering valve at the WH and feed all the fixtures with temperature limits through that valve, and run a seperate hot for untempered water.

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Another regulation to accommodate the stupid people in our society?

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Install a tempering valve at the WH and feed all the fixtures with temperature limits through that valve, and run a seperate hot for untempered water.
I take it refering to new construction?

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Been fitting these mixing valves in the UK for the last 3-4 years and a lot of products can now be purchased with it built in so that it either shuts of the hot supply if the cold shuts down or it automaticly ajusts the temp depnding on incoming water temp. Hope it dont turn out like the UK does with all these stupid regs. Thats one reason i moved to the US. Corgi was getting a joke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts