Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new product development guy came and asked us what new products we would like to see. Well I am not the guy to ask. I have all kinds of ideas what I would like But I am not the person buying it.

YOU ARE.

Why do manufacturers build something and expect you to need it, or adapt to it?

Tell us what you need and challenge us to build it. We need to listen to your needs.

So if you had the ear of one of the most innovative manufacturers in deck building what would you tell them you would like to see developed?

A new tool to make your job easier? New products to make your finished projects better? Better Decking? Better Fasteners? Better Railings? Better products for building the supporting structures? Stair building systems? Support networks or systems for builders? Deck cleaners or sealers? Sales tools for selling decks? Logistics products?

Let me know.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
i think a better way to fasten the bottom posts on a wheelchair ramp would be worth something. ADA ramps are a growing market and i have seen alot of complaints from clients that would like to see a sturdier bottom rail. Possibly better anchors, etc.

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
If you have any hand in bringing back .40 cca pt lumber or something as good or better you could expect something a little short of Worship from me. J.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Stock stuff in Canada. Here is a list of things that cost an arm and a leg to get here after shipping and duties:

Bison Deck suppports. $30-40 a piece
Smartbits $40 ea
Headcote screws, the last time I got some they were #10 x 3"....50 cents per screw.
... and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember right now.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Stock stuff in Canada. Here is a list of things that cost an arm and a leg to get here after shipping and duties:

Smartbits $40 ea
Headcote screws, the last time I got some they were #10 x 3"....50 cents per screw.
We are a retailer that sells Headcotes in the US. The issue with Canadian orders is there are HUGE tariffs and taxes on imports with Taiwanese stainless steel. Headcote is currently evaluating how to proceed.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts

Smartbits $40 ea
That's when you send an email to one of your CT buddies in the US and have them buy the product and ship you a "present". Not that I have ever done that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts