Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JBM said:
Looks good although im on the fence if a red brick would have matched better.
Good point, we did think this might of been an option but the brick although the same rugg texture( would of used Hanson rugg range) is available it would not of matched at all, the stone is different enought to not look off if you what I mean. Also our winters are pretty bad the whole front yard is filled with snow the brick would not last 5 years before spalling begun.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
yeah the modern Rugg is WAY too uniform to blend in properly. And it's not a deep enough red. I'm starting a house this week that is getting all new brick because the HO didn't like how the new corduroy matched th old...and I'm just fine with that.

Is that a Bruce Penninsular stone? Owen sound or Wiarton? I'm not going to lie though...there are a couple boxes that i can't help focusing on...but that's just me

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dom-mas said:
yeah the modern Rugg is WAY too uniform to blend in properly. And it's not a deep enough red. I'm starting a house this week that is getting all new brick because the HO didn't like how the new corduroy matched th old...and I'm just fine with that. Is that a Bruce Penninsular stone? Owen sound or Wiarton? I'm not going to lie though...there are a couple boxes that i can't help focusing on...but that's just me
Wiarton tiger stripe.

If I was to do it again I would never order the 10" stone. Ball busters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts