Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Every now and then poster
13,436 Posts
bytor said:
I hung a light in the firebox and thought it produced a neat effect... you can probably tell where I photo-shopped the blue extension cord out of the pic. I might have to try more of this kind of thing in the future..
I didnt think that could get any nicer but it did. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
its a shame you have to light a fire in that work of art.

Reactions: bytor

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
stone mason?, shoot thats like saying that mike angelo guy paints ceiling in churches, charge um double!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow, stunning job as all have said. Interesting as we can see the sharp line at the corners so you're reminding me that when I was a helper many years ago back in NJ they had this big sand box set up and they would "face" all the stones with a chisel.

I suppose I could learn how to do this, but the level of refinement you display here in this design is amazing. What a combination of massive stone and fine detail!

I like the firebox. I build quite a few herringbone boxes out here. I'm not too keen on the horizontal joint in the back though. I know why its there, because you can't change direction on a herringbone easily, but I just take them around on a curve and it does work. You get little ins and outs in the corners of the bricks but I think I prefer that to the horizontal line :)

Boy, what I would give to work with you on one of these :) Thank you for the pictures

Dave

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I cant believe its been 5 years since I looked through these pictures, damn , time flies!

Bytor. You should have your work published in a book. I would proudly display it on my coffee table, You are the one guy that other professional masons look up to...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts