Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Has any body tried one of these correct cut stands?
They are having 30% off right now

·
Registered
16,468 Posts
Has any body tried one of these correct cut stands?
They are having 30% off right now

Looks interesting, never seen it before.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
We have the brown stuff here on Colorado.
Where are you?
Take a drive in the south and they have pink and bright blue 2x4s. I think it's insecticide treatment...?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Always interesting to see the incised holes. That’s a west coast thing, right? And was that previously painted brown? Looks larger than a 2x12.
Same here in Oregon.

The PT comes stained red/brown and incised.

Generally wet, and it will sometimes twist severely if you don’t keep it wet or get it installed before it dries.

It is strange to us to see decks framed out of what looks like untreated wood from other parts of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
The hem-fir pt will twist. The doug fir not as much.

The incised is usually ground contact.

The non incised we get here is non ground contact. I wouldn't frame a deck with it. But I do use it for decking when I can't talk them into composite.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
45,247 Posts
Our PT Doug Fir is outstanding. It's still green under the brown. The brown is purely for aesthetics, according to my supplier.

The incisions are because Doug Fir is denser than pine. Also I might add the incisions also means the boards are 10% less structural from what I understand.

Mike.
___

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I moved to Va about 15 yrs ago, met up with an architect who was born & raised here. He always referred to PT boards as “salt treated”.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
My new stand should be in tomorrow. Talked to the guy at correct cut and they were really good to explain everything. I appreciate the good service.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,217 Posts
Looks like a nice setup, 37% faster than a saw cutting off the pile seems a bit off. Still a nice stand.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts