Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for recommendations on a new miter saw stand. I have had several in my career and the market is always changing. I currently own a bosch folding stand. It isnt very stable. Several Dewalt stands of various types.
i dont like sawing on the ground as I get older the less I like it.
Whats your favorite and why?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
That was stoopid, burying the old stand under a pile of dirt. Give it away to a young person starting out.

And the Texas flag on the wall … upside down.

So in the first 30 seconds he has lost all credibility.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Its like reality tv … who can justify a $3500 saw stand, when there are several much lower priced good options? I suppose folks who are fully invested with festool products wouldn’t bat an eye. Part of my distaste revolves around unnecessary waste … in this case trashing a still-good stand. Have we devolved that far into a disposable society? I don’t have a problem with him getting a new stand if that’s what he wants, but recycle the old one.

·
Registered
Remodel
32,215 Posts
Its like reality tv … who can justify a $3500 saw stand, when there are several much lower priced good options? I suppose folks who are fully invested with festool products wouldn’t bat an eye. Part of my distaste revolves around unnecessary waste … in this case trashing a still-good stand. Have we devolved that far into a disposable society? I don’t have a problem with him getting a new stand if that’s what he wants, but recycle the old one.
Just to give another data point, there's a good chance any tool I get rid of goes to metal recycle at the dump. The last thing I sold was a drywall lift for $50 to a DIYer. The $50 was just to cover my time.

Cabinet saw and job site saw in the past couple years, both working.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
years ago bought a sawhelper . got a show price ,800$ .3 weeks later i new i got a great great deal . A good stand saves money and time .that 3500 doesn't seem so high based on what it will do for a persons work . talking about someone who is in the trades for life and uses a miter saw most every day . might be one of those " have to use it to know how much you use it "
not for everyone .

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I use the sawhelper wings on a bosch stand. Much more sturdy than the bosch wings.
Also have a kapex with the rolling stand.

Bearpau, maybe look at adding the fastcap wings to the bosch setup.

Also not cheap.

For homemade options, look up Insider carpentry and carpenter one three on youtube.

·
Super Moderator
44,677 Posts
That was stoopid, burying the old stand under a pile of dirt. Give it away to a young person starting out.

And the Texas flag on the wall … upside down.

So in the first 30 seconds he has lost all credibility.
If you listen to the video he says that was just a joke and they'll still find good use for the DeWalts as saw horses and to stack material.

Mike.
___

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Sounds like an argument against an $80,000 truck.

Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts