Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Welcome, from Gore Mt here. Lived in North Creek most of my life and lived in Chestertown for some time. I dont get much work here in my home Town, i try to stick with work in Chester, Loon Lake, Schroon Lake, Brant Lake, Friends Lake, Bolton, and Hague area's. A lot more money around the lakes.

Fella i know here owns In Style Flooring bought out a flooring contractor out your way last yr. Cant remember who they were but he bought the vehicles, tools, building and customer list.

Used to sell Halgamites to a fella out in Wells some time ago, no time anymore.

Usually get out your way once in awhile for DMV, best place to go around here IMO. No lines of people, no waiting, girls are always happy to see people and willing to help. You go to Lake George DMV and you have to take a number, sit for 5-60 minutes only to have a problem with paperwork and sit back through the line again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Welcome, from Gore Mt here. Lived in North Creek most of my life and lived in Chestertown for some time. I dont get much work here in my home Town, i try to stick with work in Chester, Loon Lake, Schroon Lake, Brant Lake, Friends Lake, Bolton, and Hague area's. A lot more money around the lakes.

Fella i know here owns In Style Flooring bought out a flooring contractor out your way last yr. Cant remember who they were but he bought the vehicles, tools, building and customer list.

Used to sell Halgamites to a fella out in Wells some time ago, no time anymore.

Usually get out your way once in awhile for DMV, best place to go around here IMO. No lines of people, no waiting, girls are always happy to see people and willing to help. You go to Lake George DMV and you have to take a number, sit for 5-60 minutes only to have a problem with paperwork and sit back through the line again.
Yea I get most of my work around lake pleasent and piseco. I usually head out your way to go to murphys lumber.Drawing a blank on the flooring contractor but must been a nice guy to give his customer list up.And DMV hands down the best in nys.Lake george dmv reminds me of the albany one:laughing:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Just found the thread.

You are short hop skip from me

Welcome.

Used to camp at the state parks in Pisico when I was a kid.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
:laughing:, Minerva!!! Oh the parties over at the beach! Home of "Fat Dog and Queenie" Anyone who has spent any time in Minerva knows Fat Dog!

For reference everyone Fat Dog has had a beard since 13yrs of age and has always been a short chunky fella full of laughter jokes. He was buying beer at stores when other 16-20yrs old could not :whistling. He is a local legend and has even made it into the people of Walmart :rolleyes:. Maybe some of have seen him.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
woodchuck2 said:
:laughing:, Minerva!!! Oh the parties over at the beach! Home of "Fat Dog and Queenie" Anyone who has spent any time in Minerva knows Fat Dog! For reference everyone Fat Dog has had a beard since 13yrs of age and has always been a short chunky fella full of laughter jokes. He was buying beer at stores when other 16-20yrs old could not :whistling. He is a local legend and has even made it into the people of Walmart :rolleyes:. Maybe some of have seen him.
I can't say that I recognize him, but I every year, when I stop by the beach, I recognize a few of the local girls and some of them have beards....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts