1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
You mean no AC/DC tunes allowed? :)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I guess that I missed this one. My life is a mess, I'm only getting 4-6 hrs. sleep lately. Too much going on.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I guess this "New Forum" didnt take off?......
Hey guys it must be a newbie. Didn't you know Forums don't have wings so they can't fly??

I guess 13 pages of postings may be a little on the light side but what do want when I only requested Nathan provide a section in 2005.

Thanks for stopping by and digging up the oldest posting. :rolleyes:

Is there any chance you have some LV challenge you want to discuss??

Happy New Year to all.*.*.*.*.**.*.**.*.*.*.*.*.*

Les

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
LOL this thread is (was) buried so deep. Now with 3 new posting it is having trouble cleaning the gravel and dirt off. :laughing:

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
I wonder if you can consider fiber optic cabling to be "low voltage" being that it uses no voltage.
;)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I wonder if you can consider fiber optic cabling to be "low voltage" being that it uses no voltage.
;)

Not sure that "it uses no voltage" to be totally correct.

I saw a couple of years ago at customer of mine, that a lightning strike hit a tree 25 feet from the driveway. Literally parted the earth to and across the dirt driveway and hit the Verizon FIOS cable. Followed it 1/4 mile and blew the FIOS box off the wall. :eek:

Apparently that was some voltage with a whole bunch of amps.:thumbup: Boggles the mind.:no:

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
The FiOS box has copper in it from the curb. If you originally have a copper line going to your house from the CO, the fios technician will connect that wire along with your household phones so that they can monitor the health of your phone line should you call to report a problem.

Also, the fiber optic cable has a steel belted jacket under the rubber coating. If that jacket is exposed at the Fios splice point, lightning could hit it and blow the box off the wall.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The FiOS box has copper in it from the curb. If you originally have a copper line going to your house from the CO, the fios technician will connect that wire along with your household phones so that they can monitor the health of your phone line should you call to report a problem.

Also, the fiber optic cable has a steel belted jacket under the rubber coating. If that jacket is exposed at the Fios splice point, lightning could hit it and blow the box off the wall.

Yupper Doodie that is exactly what happened.
Rather impressive to see Mother Nature at her finest. :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts