Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Keep the hexagon....

In nature the hexagon is considered to be the most efficient use of materials.... example, the bee's nest is constructed of many hexagons nested together. Supposedly scientist figured out that the shape of the hexagons for the honeycombs is the most efficient use of materials, allowing the bees to build more nest with less resources....

as far as a contractor, there is a message about being "green", being efficient, and being responsible. I just am not sure how you can bring that message to your marketing, but it is worth thinking about.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pearce Services said:
Keep the hexagon....

In nature the hexagon is considered to be the most efficient use of materials.... example, the bee's nest is constructed of many hexagons nested together. Supposedly scientist figured out that the shape of the hexagons for the honeycombs is the most efficient use of materials, allowing the bees to build more nest with less resources....

as far as a contractor, there is a message about being "green", being efficient, and being responsible. I just am not sure how you can bring that message to your marketing, but it is worth thinking about.
Interesting

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hexagons are only efficient when interlocking because each side serves two shapes, in a stand alone structure the circle is the most efficient and the arch is the strongest.

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Pearce Services said:
Keep the hexagon....

You're soooo gonna dominate the beekeeper demographic!!!"

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
seriuosly..

the hexagons should be behind the name..as a back drop..

and I will give you a nice slogan...

you can pay me after"

NORTHSHORE

"building futures and friendships"

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
I'm not sure about copyright stuff but this logo pictured below looks an awful lot like yours. It's a major surfboard shapers logos that's been around for decades.
He can still use the logo as long as he's not in the same line of business. You do get the odd company like monster cable though who try and use the arse of anyone using the name monster but I doubt this board builder is gonna worry about a guy in construction with a logo the same style as his.

·
Registered
865 Posts
BCConstruction said:
He can still use the logo as long as he's not in the same line of business. You do get the odd company like monster cable though who try and use the arse of anyone using the name monster but I doubt this board builder is gonna worry about a guy in construction with a logo the same style as his.
Cool. I never really knew what the exceptions were. Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I second whoever said just use the name of your company for your logo. So, basically just scrap the hexagons and tools and roll with that. It's a good name. That's enough.

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
leeson1776 said:
I second whoever said just use the name of your company for your logo. So, basically just scrap the hexagons and tools and roll with that. It's a good name. That's enough.
That would be me, but I admit this discussion has been interesting.lol

None of it matters. Throughout history many of the greatest, and most memorable, companies have had the dumbest logos ever. Most are totally gay looking but guess what? It still worked well.

Keep it clean and keep it simple. Less is more. My 10 year old designed my logo and I get compliments all the time. Do the compliments matter? Heck no lol!!!

Great companies make the logo mean something important because of what they do and what they represent. The logo itself is useless...........except the clustered up fruity looking bat shi# logos, those can hurt you.

Regardless, take a company like Google or Yugo. Both have a logo. When Google started I can remember how much people were talking about the stupid name and the weird colored font used as the logo. Guess what? Well, do I really need to explain? Lol

Yugo represents a cheap POS car. The logo didn't make the car a POS the company did. Had the company decided to make race cars the logo could of very well had the same feel and emotion evoked by Ferrari. Again, it's not the logo.

Now consider the fact that a construction company is a small local type business. A business that is heavily built on relationships and social structure.

Well, I guess it doesn't matter because people have really convinced themselves a logo makes them successful. It makes people feel warm and fuzzy.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Logos help people remember your brand. You could drive past a sign where you can't make out the company name but you can see the simple logo. That logo sticks in your head unlike the text. Think android logo, apple logo, windows logo, ford logo, etc etc the text may change but the logo nearly always stays the same.

·
Sponge
175 Posts
When thinking of a logo always think of how it will look on different mediums, like cut vinyl, shirts, and consider greyscale.

What I mean is the way in which you desin your logo can save or cost you money down the road and limit you as well.

For instance, you cant really do a gradient in cut vinyl or embroidery.
in silkscreen, the more colors the more screen charges and costs. On and on.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts