Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

So I have been trying to have a logo created forever. I think I finally found the right one but wanted different opinions.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Not too shabby. If anything I'd replace the carpet kicker with a tape measure or something, the average home owner might not recognize the tool. Just my .002.

I like the color.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Get rid of those generic tool pictures, and do something original, at least you don't have that little guy in motion with the traditional wooden open tool box in one hand.

·
Super Moderator
11,325 Posts
Hi Guys,

So I have been trying to have a logo created forever. I think I finally found the right one but wanted different opinions.

I think it looks good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
i would remove the tools. Things like roofs, drills, hammers, knifes, saws, levels, plumb bobs are about as generic as they come. people dont need to see what tools your gonna use on your logo.

try going for something like this. mix it up a little. that might not be what you want but you get the idea what its like without tools

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BCConstruction said:
i would remove the tools. Things like roofs, drills, hammers, knifes, saws, levels, plumb bobs are about as generic as they come. people dont need to see what tools your gonna use on your logo.

try going for something like this. mix it up a little. that might not be what you want but you get the idea what its like without tools
I actually really like that. Can I use that?

·
Banned
4,895 Posts
Just use the word "NORTHSHORE" and no other image. Choose a cool font and roll with it. That's a great name for a business - easy to say and people remember it.

If you put a tool on the logo you won't get more work because of it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
An arrow pointing up( for the north) the point being the roof of the house and on the bottom wavy line like the shore some type of home structure in between to indicate what you do,
Good luck!

·
3 Jacks 2 Nines
399 Posts
One thing to consider is how will it look when it is reproduced? If you make 20 copies of it, will it run together? If you have the black background, will you go through ink alot quicker? Will it get muddy and illegible when you copy it? Maybe you have a color version for the computer screen and fancy hand outs and a black and white version for faxes, bid forms, etc.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bwiab said:
One thing to consider is how will it look when it is reproduced? If you make 20 copies of it, will it run together? If you have the black background, will you go through ink alot quicker? Will it get muddy and illegible when you copy it? Maybe you have a color version for the computer screen and fancy hand outs and a black and white version for faxes, bid forms, etc.
I don't want the black background

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
What do the hexagons have to do with the name of the company, I think this symbol is like an outdated mosaic, also remodel seems like an outdated word and conjures up images of dust and headaches. How about CREATE AND RENOVATE !! This slogan inspires homeowner and contractor alike.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MIKE ANTONETTI said:
What do the hexagons have to do with the name of the company, I think this symbol is like an outdated mosaic, also remodel seems like an outdated word and conjures up images of dust and headaches. How about CREATE AND RENOVATE !! This slogan inspires homeowner and contractor alike.
Not sure what you mean. That is not the name of the company

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
In place of "flooring and remodeling." NorthShore Construction- Create and Renovate ,
I was in your area last month, ate at Giordano's but missed Superdawgs , I would fly there just to eat lunch and dinner there. These companies are landmarks larger than life.
Target- just a symbol, Nike- just a symbol, it's a growing phase you're inquiring about, it's a good problem to have.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd remove the tools and hex shapes.
The hex shapes are supposed to symbolize what?
Most people aren't going to recognize the carpet kicker.
Razor blades in a logo just seem like a bad idea.

The fonts and the colors you've chosen for them are crisp, clean, and professional looking. They could stand on their own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the logo how about three triangles instead of the hexagons though. They will create a large triangle pointing up representing North.

·
Nouveau Eccentric
2,017 Posts
I like the logo how about three triangles instead of the hexagons though. They will create a large triangle pointing up representing North.
I believe this has been well used. :thumbsup:

However, I don't think there is any copyright. :clap:

Good luck,
D.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts