Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seen the info commercial for instant crown molding? I had to make sure it wasn't a Saturday Night Live sketch at first. They pull the camera away feal fast after the mitered piece is applied to the corner and only show the stuff from long shots. It's totally hilarious. Peal and stick crown what is next?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Falling crown moulding.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm waiting for the spray-on crown molding. That'll be the only way I can get it without a pile of upside down reverse cuts laying around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mike Finley said:
...Peal and stick crown what is next?
I saw one of those "home improvement" type shows the other day showing how to "add an arch"...with a piece of foam screwed to the opening! (and it only cost $30!) No wonder people have such unrealistic expectations when they run head first into the actual cost of doing it the right way! Really makes my blood boil!

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Expanding crown in the can, just spray it on the wall. They will label the can 'Rustic Abstract' and sell the hell out of it as the DIY'ers mug they're pop up table in a K Mart parking lot.

Bob

·
Heavy Weight Champ
639 Posts
Mike Finley said:
Anybody seen the info commercial for instant crown molding? I had to make sure it wasn't a Saturday Night Live sketch at first. They pull the camera away feal fast after the mitered piece is applied to the corner and only show the stuff from long shots. It's totally hilarious. Peal and stick crown what is next?
i actually participated in a consumer test with it. I made 500 dollars. I doubt the product will make that much

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
King of Crown said:
i actually participated in a consumer test with it. I made 500 dollars. I doubt the product will make that much
You're kidding! :biggrin: Did they just send it to you and you had to report back what you thought or was there more to it than that?

·
Heavy Weight Champ
639 Posts
Mike Finley said:
You're kidding! :biggrin: Did they just send it to you and you had to report back what you thought or was there more to it than that?
no, they contacted me, and i went to a meeting where they showed us how to use it, then they had us install it on these fake walls. there were 10 finish carpenters there. I think they basically wanted us to say that it was easier to work with than the real thing. and they would probably use our quotes on the product. Look and see if they have a quote from Clint Overton on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts