Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
26,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased this hot and cold frost free spigot. It has an anti-siphoning device on the end of the outlet. I called Arrow Brass and the rep said not to leave the spigot on continuously as it will degrade the anti-siphoning device.

With the current cold only spigot, I have a 4 outlet manifold attached, with two outlets leading to garden hoses with timers and a third leading to a spigot mounted on a pole next to the house to wash off muddy boots, fresh drinking water for the dog, etc.

I plan on only using the hot side occasionally but turning the cold side off and on every time I need it kind of negates my setup and is difficult to get to..

Any way around this and should I be concerned about leaving the water on?

Thanks.

·
Tall Moose
109 Posts
Out of curiosity, why not have one spigot for just cold that can stay on all the time, and the mixer for when you need hot/warm water. Only takes an extra T on the cold line.

·
Registered
819 Posts
if your worried i agree with the above post...just add another cold only hose bib

i have a Moen H/C hosebib...i love it....found out from multiple people its a POS, but it still works great for me...its been discontinued

·
Radical Basement Dweller
26,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup...that's exactly what I'm doing now.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts