Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While its a little early to say this campaign is a success, I've had good luck so far, so thought I'd pass it along.

Credit to Teetor for the original idea of letters to new homeowners. I couldn't locate a free source for timely information (with enough details) on home sales, so I subscribed to Infousa's New homeowners list. I've selected very small areas in older/nicer neighborhoods and filtered for income. The list is delivered weekly in an excel file-- some weeks I'll get 3, some weeks I'll get 10. Costs about $20 month.

I send a very generic letter saying basically if the house isn't just the way you want it, we can help. I send a letter to everyone on the list for the current week and a different version to the people after 6 weeks. I've been getting at least a call a week from the effort and the quality of the lead has been excellent.

My sample is small and timeframe for testing is short but I think this has some potential.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
$20 a month!? They wanted to hit me up for $400 a month and I too wanted a small rich area! That's the only reason I didn't put teetors idea into works months ago.

Trekr definetly keep us posted. Can you post a direct link the page at infousa's site where you bought your list subscription?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
The info is filed at the County Courthouse and is public record. They may charge a small access fee.
$20.00 a week is pretty cheap though for perfectly targeted advertising.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
hmmm, you guys sure you are looking at the right stuff? I have used http://www.mellisadata.com for a lot of stuff and they are like dirt cheap. Keep in mind the more targetted you want your list the more expensive it gets, make sure you aren't getting more specific then you need. New homeowner lists are like a dime-a-dozen in the category of lists. Everybody seems to have them available if you look around. I have been approaced by local companies for as much as $500 a month for them, down to national companies at .10 a name.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The cost is of course related to the number of homeowners. Again, I'm only getting 10 in a good week-- so you could easily drop serious money if you were doing a mass mail to this list.

http://www.infousa.com

About dead center on this page you'll the New Mover/Homeowner list.. I just noticed the email I get says New Mover. Not sure if it matters.

Also, just noticed you could get the Bankruptcy and Tax Lien list just below it. That would have to be a money maker... :)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
treker, 10 leads into where you want to be beats answering the phone all day, qualifying, driving and estimating for jobs that you will never get, on and on.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
New Homeowners list

Why Don't you go to the Building Dept. in the area that you want to work in, They will show you all the permits with names, address most time phone #'s. also people like landscapers can get in early, most home owners are not thing that far ahead good luck
al

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
#2 does that for her IP systems.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
theman said:
Why Don't you go to the Building Dept. in the area that you want to work in, They will show you all the permits with names, address most time phone #'s. also people like landscapers can get in early, most home owners are not thing that far ahead good luck
al
Not in my building departments they wont. You need to know the address of the property and you need to know the year the permit was issued, and your research can not be used for commercial purposes.

Trust me I tried.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Mike Finley said:
I checked it out. Melissa is 1/5 the cost of infousa for basically the same list.

Infousa allows you to get right down to your base clientelle by ethnicity, sale price of home, and household income. Melissadata doesn't do that, but probably still valuable none the less!

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
You can do price of home, but I don't see the other 2. InfoUSa is 5 times the price?! WOw that is a lot.

Are they instant? With a credit card I can get a list off of melissadata instantly by download, do they do the same thing?

For the new homeowners I had almost had my system set-up, I had an online service that would just send out my post card every week or month however I wanted to do it, they supplied the list and the printing and everything, like on autopilot. But I got stuck on the postcard design and dropped the ball, all this talk about this subject makes me want to go back and finish it now.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Yeah instant download with both. Both also had 3, 6 or 12 month subscriptions, or one time purchase.

I'm probably going to do this when I get back from the honeymoon. Both infousa and melissa predict about 4-500 leads per month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Every Monday our local paper has all the real estate transactions over $5000.00 and it is only 2 weeks old so I just use that and has been quite successful.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Back when I first joined here, Teetor mentioned Chamber of Commerce. WOW, I'm in a small market area (120,000 in the whole county) All the work I want, some even want to kick in a little towards materials even! (Just Kidding) One has to press flesh and have a face to go with the name here. The next gathering I'll do serious follow up on the offers. Definately worth the money, thanks Teetor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can somebody give us an update on how these lists are working out for you? And for those of you who have been pretty successful marketing to new homeowners, any advice on what to say on the mailer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try this company- $.05/name

Try Econographics, they have Cook county. $.05/name

(865)675-6660

No Minimums- month to month

Bob;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts