Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a client that is wanting to claim the tax credit that expires July 1st on a new construction. My concern is my schedule is going to make meeting the deadline tight. I need to add a clause to my contract to disclaim weather or unexpected delays and relieve my business of the liabilty of not delivering the home by July 1st. There is also a gray area as to claiming the tax credit. It states that the owners need to take possesion by July 1st, I'm not able to find a clear definition of what is "possesion" and what documentation is required or acceptable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is custom and large. The weather in Indianapolis area, frozen till march and then allot of rain makes production difficult. If the weather cooperates I can build in 5 months. If the weather doesn't cooperate 6 months will be difficult to accomplish

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
It is custom and large. The weather in Indianapolis area, frozen till march and then allot of rain makes production difficult. If the weather cooperates I can build in 5 months. If the weather doesn't cooperate 6 months will be difficult to accomplish
I believe I am in a climate that is considerable colder than yours, with a lot more snow.

We dig foundation holes years round. We frame year round. Don't let your subs get away with "it's too cold". It's not. Start now!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you do realize there are a multitude of things to happen before digging, contracts, financing, surveys, appraisal, estimates. Its obvious from your replys your limited brain functions prevent you from posting intelligent reply's, stay off my page

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
you do realize there are a multitude of things to happen before digging, contracts, financing, surveys, appraisal, estimates. Its obvious from your replys your limited brain functions prevent you from posting intelligent reply's, stay off my page
You are an ASS.
I do not have limited brain function, I assumed from your first post that you at least had the contract signed.
As far as your page, no such thing in an internet forum.

One other thing, I will check, but the last I heard the program ends the end of April.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow, didn't see that coming.

Cold weather and rain can't stop anybody from doing there work. Stiff'in up that upper lip, pull up your pants, and get out there.

If you can't do it, somebody else can.

-Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts