Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
water re-locater
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stumbled on this site the other day and wish i found it many years ago. Contractor in Ny burbs installing gutters for entire life (family business was my summer camp). Dont know it all always looking for differing opinions and advice. I'll sell the big job but will also cut up old gutter if i have to. Look forward to discussing something im into with like minded people.

·
water re-locater
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roofcheck..You running gutters out of a trailer or a cube van? Looking for new ideas on cube van set up. Ive seen some great truck set ups. Mine never seem to be clean

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Stumbled on this site the other day and wish i found it many years ago. Contractor in Ny burbs installing gutters for entire life (family business was my summer camp). Dont know it all always looking for differing opinions and advice. I'll sell the big job but will also cut up old gutter if i have to. Look forward to discussing something im into with like minded people.
You're in the right place..... many of our minds are in the gutter.;)

Welcome:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I sold my gutter business back in December but I used a trailer. I've been in the gutter business three separate times. Trailer, then 16' box truck then trailer. I prefer a trailer if I'm working. If it is emplyees a box truck is easier to send them with.

It is nice to unhook the trailer if you need to go for materials and I'm not a fan of throwing old gutters with debris in the same container as the gutter machine.

I will look for pics of my last set up.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Ah fresh meat! I can't believe nobody jumped on the perfect opportunity to yell at this guy for posting his intro in the wrong place. Its in the subject line for cryin out loud.... it was a gimmie..

Geez... if I thought he did it knowingly, I might actually like this guy....

Welcome to the forum anyway!! There's lots of great info here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts