Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys my name is Ben G starting out a new handyman business out here in Nassau county New York.Just got tired working for someone else.If you guys have any suggestions like where to get general contractor insurance and any advice for a new guy it would be really appreciated. Thank you and nice to meet all you guys.

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
empirestate said:
Hi guys my name is Ben G starting out a new handyman business out here in Nassau county New York.Just got tired working for someone else.If you guys have any suggestions like where to get general contractor insurance and any advice for a new guy it would be really appreciated. Thank you and nice to meet all you guys.
Best of luck on your new business . Welcome to CT .

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
welcome

Insurance as a handyman is available in NYS from Erie insurance through local insurance brokers/ Runs about $800 a year.

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
Personally I think handyman can be a difficult proposition b3cause youre expected to know everything, have all tools, and work cheap. Handyman connection and red van handyman grew fast in my town, then disappeared after inexperienced subs led to liability lawsuits. I think life would be easier if you specialized. Boring, doing the same thing everyday, but easier. The fun comes from honing the system to get faster and produce a better product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts