Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just signed up at your forum and i wanted to drop a line just to say hi and tell ya a little about my self . I am a general contractor located in southern california i love to keep up with all the new and up to date stuff and helpfull hints i can get along they way. I my self have been i contractor in all phases of construction for 19 yrs now so if there is anything i can help with dont feel shy to ask if i can help i will. Thx so much for your time and your forum. Till we talk again see ya.... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Stimax - what part of Southern California? I'm from L.A., got my license in Ventura, and now live in Bakersfield, and I'm in the process of re-activating my license. I have a few questions for ya - are you licensed in more than one field? I have a b-license (general contractor) and I was thinking of adding a c-license as a painter, and picking up some painting only jobs. Do you have any experience with this?

Also, could you educate me a little bit about the lien process? This is one area I need a little guidance in - like when do you file (which jobs), how to file, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a mater of fact i hold a c33 painting lic. and a framing lic. As for leins we carry a topic in are standed contract that covers this. Now if you need to file the lein to get paid there is company out there that can do this for you.The 1 we use is cns services they only charge $95.00 to collect for ya and they do all the papper work for ya, as long as you have had your contract signed and agreeing to. Remember to have your contract signed 10 days before the work is to be done. And as for where im located im in the high desert Victorville area. Thx for dropping a line pal hope this helps let me know how it goes and if ya need anything else.. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts