Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate. I am painting new construction, just myself-no guys, and I have been thinking about going hvlp for my doors and trim, to try and cut down on time. Because of cost, I have been researching compressors and guns, looking to go that route instead of regular hvlp sprayer. Does anybody here have knowledge of this scenario? I am not dead set against airless, but in the past when I worked for others, it was always hvlp, bosses did not like the mess. Again, thanks for your help in advance.

·
Painter S.Illinois
60 Posts
hvlp

I to have considered this for spraying interior trim packages and doors,found only one thread on the subject and was to short to make an informed decision on the subject,but looked up the equipment you are refering to....its quite expensive but could potenially pay for its self in short order if the works there to justify.....

·
Professional Painter
1,306 Posts
HVLP's are great for what you're thinking. They are ideal actually, although can be tough sometimes to set up and get just right. Nicer finish than an airless, I guess. I havent run into too many guys who use them for trim and airless for everything else. Most guys I know just go airless and paint it all. I personally can get a great result with the airless, and am satisfied.

It's your call really, I cant decide for you, but an airless seems like less hassle, while producing (in the right hands) similar quality, without all the tuning of pressure, air, etc....I own a titan 440 and would'nt use anything else!....:thumbup1:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Find out what tips, material and other settings guys are using for airless. HVLP leaves a nice finish, but takes too long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you're looking to cut down on time, an HVLP is definately not the way to go. I would never use mine on new construction, in fact, I barely use the thing. With the proper the proper knowledge and know how you can achieve a VERY good finish with and airless. An airless is much easier and faster to get setup and going than the HVLP as well as the cleanup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts