Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a muralist/decorative painter who hasn't had much experience dealing directly with building professionals, relying on word of mouth for my business. I recently moved to a new town where I don't know a soul. I have approached local paint stores and have updated my website and sent brochures to every interior decorator, architech, building contractor in the county. I have a great book of work from the past 7 years. Aside from this, does anyone have any suggestions on approaching those who may provide some leads as 'the new guy in town'??

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Join the local PDCA chapter, or the NAPP, or some sort of group in your niche of the market and do some local networking. Maybe do a press release in the 'home and garden' section of the local newspapers. Call all the designers/decorators you mailed and introduce yourself, try to get to know them. Get in touch with the local branch of ASID and hit a meeting and network there. Actually get a job with a local painting company, preferably one that does your faux/decorative work, and get a feel for the market in the meantime. Drop your cards everywhere you go, banks, restaurants, taverns, anywhere, make your name visible. Maybe these will help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts