Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been a lurker for quite awhile now, just haven't felt worthy enough to join. I enjoy all of the useful knowledge on here and the entertainment also.

I am a Residential Construction Instructor at a high school, I also run a Residential Carpentry business. Very rural area so you have to offer many services because their are few contractors near by and most locals are booked for a year in advance, I try to fill the void offering services on small jobs that the few larger contractors can't get to.

Glad to finally have decided to join and look forward to gaining even more knowledge from the professionals on here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got family in the Hutchinson area...might be too far West to be called central KS. Thanks for the welcome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most high school students lack a lot of work ethic these days. They want to stand back and watch things happen, not jump in and figure out how to make things happen. They have the whole modern kid attached to their cell phones, entitled to everything attitudes. There are a FEW that have something special and will work and dive into new things to figure them out but they seem to be few and far between. I spend more time teaching how to work, then teaching how to build! It is rewarding sometimes, but it'd be nice to be able to go full time with my carpentry sometimes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts